Friday, February 20, 2009

Cheese

I love a good sandwich. I love a good sandwich with cheese.

Cheese is one of my serious trigger foods. I can't just have a little cheese. Giving up cheese is probably one of my biggest struggles with Weight Watchers.

To clarify, I don't have to give it up. That is one of the great things about WW- I can eat whatever I want. I can use my daily POINTS allowance on just cheese, if that's what blows my hair back. But that wouldn't be particularly healthy, or filling.

I just can't have it around me. Chocolate, chips, cookies, candy- whatever, I can take a pass on them. But cheese and crackers?

Oh, sweet death.

So today I was deciding on what I'd have for lunch. It's Friday, so I'm treating myself with a lunch bought from somewhere, instead of prepared at home. I had convinced myself that I would go next door to Dairy Queen for a hamburger and small fries (totally On Plan, as they say). But halfway out the door, I realized that if I was going to treat myself, I didn't want to cop out with a crummy fast-food burger.

I hit up the deli at safeway and ordered a roast beef sandwich on whole wheat. With cheese.

It was wonderful. It was filling. It was satisfying, and delicious, and healthy. Yum. Yay for me, yay for cheese, boo to fast food crap.

No comments: