Friday, February 27, 2009

Reasons Why

I have wanted to lose weight for the majority of my almost-25 years on this planet.

I remember being less than 10 years old and going on a diet. Puberty was tough, and I knew the ins and outs of staying away from full-fat foods at a very early age (at least in public; my "secret" binge-eating has always been a problem).

I wished as a teenager that I had the willpower and the lack of common sense to starve myself thin. (In hindsight, I'm really really happy that I didn't!)

Before I graduated from high school, I was bound and determined to be skinny. I never was skinny, but before I slipped into my hot-pink gown, I had lost weight by doing hundreds and thousands of crunches, lunges and squats in my bedroom.

I was convinced in University that I'd never meet a nice guy and have a boyfriend until I was a much smaller Megan.

And now, I'm a fully blown adult and I have many different reasons.

I want to lose weight because:

-I want to wear a smaller dress size
-I want to buy clothes in whatever store I choose
-I want to look great and be proud of how I feel in my cousin's wedding photos- and maybe my own someday soon
-I want my boyfriend to be proud of his hot girlfriend
-I want to look extra great when I meet G's family this summer
-I want to be able to do whatever I want- hike, run, ski, without worrying about whether or not I am physically able to keep up
-When the time comes, I want to be able to buy a wedding gown off the rack, in a non-plus size
-I want to wear a bathing suit with pride
-I want to live a long, healthy, happy life

That's a basic list to start. It's the kind of reminder I need on a Friday afternoon where I just want to dive head-first into something warm and cheesy!

No comments: