Sunday, March 15, 2009

C25K: Week One, Day Three

I am a chump who loves punishment.

I don't usually work out on Sundays, but I found myself with an abundance of Me Time this afternoon, and when the decision came down to do laundry or go exercise, I opted for the workout.

I didn't really want to do the C25K today. I've been really sore all weekend, particularly in my hips and my shoulders. I definitely need new running shoes- the ones I got at the Bay for $15 four years ago are really about to give up!

I went down to the fitness room with the intention of cycling for 30 minutes, or maybe using the eliptical, but the room was empty and surprising myself, I gunned straight for the treadmill.

I ran the intervals at a slower pace today, but still did the entire workout. On Friday, I tried to up my speed considerably, but I just wasn't feeling it today. I'm still proud of myself, even if I jogged at a pathetic 4-4.5 mph.

I'm trying now to focus on endurance- just jogging or running for 30 minutes straight is going to be a challenge! Once I get there, then I'll try to ramp up my speed. Any runners lurking? Does that sound reasonable, or am I doing it backwards?

1 comment:

Snowflake said...

Way to go!! I admire your courage and determination. You are definitely headed in the right direction. Keep a positive attitude and you will reach your goal.