Friday, March 6, 2009

Watching Skinny People

I've always been the person at the table who is bitter about the fact that her skinny friends can eat whatever they want and stay skinny.

Lately, I've been observing what one of my coworkers eats on a regular basis. She's very fit, quite athletic, and really healthy.

She doesn't eat sweets because she doesn't like them, which doesn't help me out any, but I have learned that the key to her "eating whatever I want" appears to be as simple as portion control and moderation.

When I'm not trying to lose weight, I eat whatever I want. I am fortunate enough, I suppose, to have a body that doesn't show an extra 15 lbs. (This is also a downside because now I've lost 15 lbs and it's not noticeable!) But that means that every single day, I eat something fried, something from the pastry case at starbucks, a snack from the convenience store.

My coworker doesn't. She eats ice cream and chinese food and pizza- but not all in one day. Not heaping platters. Not every day.

My ultimate goal, aside from losing the 40 lbs I've set my Weight Watchers goal as, is to be healthy. To fuel my body with the nutrients it needs, to eat less processed food, to be fit. There is room for ice cream and pizza in that lifestyle, I just need to learn a few lessons first.

Does anyone have any ideas for books or websites that might help me? I've heard so much about the book The Beck Diet Solution but I've never looked at it. Any ideas?

No comments: