Wednesday, April 1, 2009

MIA, Back on Track

Okay, I'll admit it. I've gone off plan. I gained a little, lost a little, and this morning I stayed the same.

The last few weeks have been challenging for me. My access to the social regions of the interwebs have been somewhat restricted during the day, and I just don't feel like it most of the time at night. I get most of my motivation through the WW message boards, reading weight-loss blogs and communicating with other people who are doing the same thing as I- and I've totally gone off the radar.

I didn't track last week. I went to Banff for the weekend (two weekends ago, now) and didn't track then. I gave myself the "weekend off" but then, as usual, that rolled into the next week. And then the first few days of this week. I've been trying to stay relatively within my WW means, but I did let myself eat poutine, pizza and chocolate without tracking any of it.

Bad Megan.

And then, to make things absolutely worse, the treadmill in our building is broken. So no C25K movement, either.

I've been feeling down emotionally, I'm not adapting well to change in my life (work, change of address, moving in with my boyfriend, etc) and I'm really stressed out about a lot of  it. And I needed a break. I needed to go easy on myself. Okay, I wanted poutine, damn it!

But now I'm back. I acknowledge that all of the above are excuses, that I need to do what's right for myself, and that I can't cut myself any more big breaks.

I tracked today, I'm committed to staying on plan this weekend (even though it's my birthday- gulp!) and I am feeling very positive about it.

Now, hopefully the weather improves, or they fix the treadmill, because I want to get back on the running program! As horrible as it sounds- and the 'old' me would die laughing- I miss it!

1 comment:

Lady Rose said...

You. Ate. Poutine. Without. Me.

friends off Bailey. friends off.