Monday, April 12, 2010

Fear

I have a confession to make.

I haven't stepped on the scale in over a year. Yes, I said in my last two posts that I've gained the weight back that I lost. I don't know that for sure, but I do know how my clothing fits, what size pants I'm buying and how I look in the mirror.

I'm an avoider. I'd rather walk 1000 miles out of the way than face a problem head on. (Though if that was a literal statement, I wouldn't exactly be writing this, would I?)

I'm afraid to step on the scale. I don't want to know what I weigh. I don't want to face up to what I have to lose.

I'm a hard worker, but to be honest, this time around, I'm afraid of how hard I'll have to work to take off the weight. I'm absolutely ready to admit that it's not going to be easy, but I just hope I don't get frustrated and quit.

No comments: