Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Other Victories

Yesterday I did hit the pool, like I had planned. I usually do 30 there-and-back 'laps' of the pool, which takes me around 30 minutes with two little breaks when I tread water or do other aquafit-style exercises. Last night I did them all without any breaks, and was done in 26 minutes. That's a great improvement in time, I think!

Today we had a staff meeting at work. The 'refreshments', at 9:00 in the morning?

Cupcakes.

This is what I said to the cupcakes:



That's right. I turned them down. I love cupcakes, and these were the really decadent ones, but I don't love them enough to have one instead of a different treat this week. (Like beer! Or wine!) I knew I'd have a challenging dinner tonight so I stuck to my guns and my coffee with skim milk.

This weight loss thing really isn't easy, and I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase. But I'll take it while I can get it - hopefully by the time the going gets tough, I'll have worked out a few more tactics to stick it out for the long haul.

3 comments:

RescuingLisa said...

Way to go on resisting the cupcake. I had a similar situation at work today (but with danishes), I purposly sat on the other side of the room because they were screaming my name. Its a seriously difficult task to not take one!

Alex said...

My suggestion: gum. Or...brush your teeth. You'd be amazed how blasting your tastebuds with mint can keep them distracted for awhile. Also- you'll have really really white teeth. :)

Deb said...

Good job on staying away from the cupcake. I find if I eat sugary stuff in the morning, I have a hard time with my eating all day, so it's best to just stay away from it.

Congrats on the swimming improvement. That's definitely something to be proud of. I also think that kind of accomplishment is what keeps you going when the weight loss stops being as exciting.