Monday, May 17, 2010

The polyester pants

I bought some new capri pants on Saturday. They're black, they're flattering, I'll be able to wear them all summer.
 
But they're made of polyester. The kind of polyester that swishes loudly when my thighs rub together. Which is all the time. Not attractive.
 
Last week I made a list of all the reasons I want to lose weight. Some of them are very personal, some of them are health related, and some of them are sort of shallow. Among the reasons on the list - I want to be able to live a more active, fun lifestyle and not feel self concious while doing it. I want to feel good about myself. I want to live longer. I want to buy cute clothes in a smaller size.
 
I want to not have to default to the only pants available that fit me, because they are always made of cheap polyester - but ironically, cost a fortune.
 
What are your reasons for wanting to lose weight?

6 comments:

Alex said...

Healthy reason: Because I'll be travelling and want to feel fit and healthy so I can really go for it. Also- look good in a bathing suit.

Disfunctional reason: To look smokin to make my ex wanna die. I can't call him until I look 5 more lbs. This is serious motivation.

Snowflake said...

I want to lose weight because I will be healthier, feeling good makes me feel better, and who doesn't want to look good, especially in the summer!!!!

Meg said...

Alex - I think that all of your reasons are totally valid :)

Mom - exactly! It's summertime, and everyone wants to look good and feel good!

Lady Rose said...

Stupid expensive polyester pants, I hate them.

I think I want to lose weight so I won't be judged for my laziness. Somehow skinny people can get away with so much more laziness.

Meg said...

Lady Rose - I agree. Every time I eat something fatty, sweet or otherwise delicious in public I feel like I'm being judged. Sometimes I just want a giant ice cream cone the size of my head, y'know?

Snowflake said...

Did you have to mention Ice cream??? That's another reason I want to lose weight...so I can eat gelato in Italy!!!!