Thursday, May 13, 2010

Still more pain

I have a work event this evening, and I knew I wouldn't have time to come home, do my 30 minutes of sadistic jumping jacks/squat thrusts/bicycle crunches/etc, and get back to work in time for the paaartaaay, so I got up early this morning and threw on some clothes, popped in the dvd and suffered.
 
It's one thing to leap head first into an aggressive strength-and-cardio circuit training system after years of doing only cardio, it's quite another to do it again 15 hours later.
 
But hey. I survived. I made it through the workout, I made it into and back out of the shower (I was concerned there for a minute - when one can barely move, adding slippery tile and wet feet into the mix is bad) and I made it to work.
 
Ouch. If you hear someone softly whimpering on the bathroom floor because they have collapsed and their thighs are burning and they can't for the life of them get back up, do me a favour and help a sister out?

3 comments:

Snowflake said...

Way to go!!! Just like early morning shooting practise when you were in HS....you hate it but its something you just have to do!!! I'm proud of you!!

Meg said...

I seriously hated early morning shooting practice, but if I can drag myself out of bed, it's much easier to get the exercise done with in the morning. I'm too tired when I get home from work sometimes!

Snowflake said...

I totally agree. If I don't hit the treadmill first thing in the morning I can think of too many excuses why I am too tired or too busy or too something to do it later. Thank God for the walkers that get me out for a stroll in the evening!!