Saturday, June 12, 2010

An Active Saturday

This morning we were up early and to the gym. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and another 15 on the stationary bike, while Gary ran on the treadmill.

I watched one of the trainers at the gym pushing a client of hers until the client burst out in tears. I know this isn't typical, but that's exactly why I don't think working with a personal trainer would be good for me. I like to feel *good* about myself while I'm working out, not frustrated and angry.

After the gym, I headed out to run some errands. New contact lenses and I splurged on some (on-sale) workout clothes.




yes, I tried this one on before I bought it. I've learned my lesson...

I bought shorts like these, but in purple. I haven't worked out in shorts since 2002, but it's hot and I thought, why not. Give these a try! We're going on vacation at the end of the month and these will be lightweight enough to toss in my bag without taking up a ton of space. Also, swimsuit coverups, in a pinch.

Late this afternoon we went to see a play written by one of my good friends. He recently had a play he wrote with another friend performed in NYC, so he's a pretty big deal - at least to me!

The theatre isn't far from our apartment, so we decided to walk. After the show, we took the long route home and stopped for a delicious summertime treat at Spoon Me.



I had mine with blackberries, pineapple and cinnamon toast crunch. When I was in university and no longer under the watchful eye of my mother, I ate cinnamon toast crunch every meal of the day for about 3 weeks. Then I got really sick. Gee. I wonder why.

All in all, we walked for about 60 minutes. It's a beautiful day here in Calgary - what's your favourite way to enjoy the summer weather and sneak in some activity?

No comments: