Monday, June 21, 2010

Another Day on Plan

It's time for another round of A Day on my Diet!

This morning I woke up with a sore throat, so I drank two large cups of coffee before settling in to eat oats with a sliced banana.


At about 11:00, I had a cup of 1% cottage cheese with half a cup of blueberries. This was so good - salty, fresh, sweet. I love cottage cheese, but if I eat too much of it my tummy doesn't fare well.



Lunch was eaten outside in the park. I bought a can of diet coke and ate this salad, which was much bigger than it looks in this sad picture. On it was about 2 ounces of chicken breast and a handful of blackberries. Loving the fresh fruit this season!



At around 2:00, I ate this snack/nutrition bar with some water. I drank about 2 L today - my throat was sore and I had a long meeting in the afternoon so I didn't get in my third bottle. It was pretty tasty, but a little dry. For 3 points, it was more filling than a granola bar with the same number of calories!



When I got home from work I had a few wheat thins. Crackers are a trigger food for me, and I tend to eat them by the handful, directly out of the box. Before I know it, I've eaten almost the whole package - but I think I'm getting to the point where I can count out a single serving and be satisfied. At least, let's hope so...



Dinner tonight was late, so we had burgers on thin buns. I like my burgers very plain, with just Ketchup! I also had a Radler...mmm, refreshing. It's hot today and this really hit the spot!



Now it's almost time for bed. I was thinking about a snack of fruit, but I'm not hungry so I'll skip it. Hopefully the sore throat is gone tomorrow morning. Only 5 more sleeps until we leave for our vacation!

5 comments:

spotlessmind said...

I'm starting with oat-y goodness for breakfast tomorrow. At least I hope it's goodness. I don't know if I like oats, but I figure if I cover them in fruit they can't be too bad.

And yes, as expected - I had to ask the woman doing my orientation at work today about 50 times if we could take a quick washroom break. I must have seemed so antsy to the people in the office. :X

By the way, I love all the photos of your food. I actually really enjoy following your menu. :)

Meg said...

I like oats. They're also great with nuts or peanut butter added with the fruit!

Thanks for the comment - I look back at this and think that it might not look like a lot of food, but the burger has cheese IN it so it's an 8 point patty. I don't want anyone to think that WW is super restrictive - it's anything but.

RescuingLisa said...

Those wheat thin crackers are a staple for me - I usually eat 12 of them (2 pts) with hummus or tzatziki... nom nom nom!

Anna said...

I'm always amazed at how common it is in the US to mix salty and sweet foods... people would just go 'Eww' but I think I'll try that! :) It's too early for blueberries though.
(Crackers are a challenge for me too!)

Deb said...

I've given up on keeping crackers in my house. I keep thinking I'll be okay with them, but it doesn't last.

I wish I could eat cottage cheese. I know it's so good for you, but I just can't seem to do it.