Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beautiful Bloggers!



How cool is this? Kimmi over at Fit, Fat at Back Again has given ye olde blog a spiffy award!

Rules of this award: I tell you 7 things you don't know about me, and then I give the award to 7 bloggers who I believe are beautiful! It will be so difficult to choose just 7, but I'll try:

Lisa
Lady Buttons
Deb
MissSarahLou
Anna
spotlessmind
Amanda@BustingThroughIt

1. I am so terrified of snakes that I can't even look at pictures of them.

2. I played the French Horn in high school.

3. I haven't blow-dried and styled my hair at home in months, because every time I try I blow the breaker in our apartment. This drives me insane because I look like a bedraggled student all of the time.

4. I hate, hate, hate scary movies. Scary books are okay, as long as it's light outside.

5. I won the Governor General's medal in Grade 12.

6. I never sort my laundry by colour. It all goes into the machine together, is washed in cold water, and I haven't ever had any problems.

7. I am almost legally blind, but I've been wearing contacts since I was 14.

In other exciting news, I won a $100 gift card for the mall downtown today! I submitted my 'best shopping story' about that mall a few weeks ago, and it won! What perfect timing, as all of my pants are getting to the point where they're entirely too big, but I didn't want to spend any money on new ones. I have two pairs of jeans in my closet that are still too small, but none that currently fit. So yay! Shopping spree!

In other news...I picked up a dress from the Winners across the street from my office at lunch. What do you guys think? I'm not sure. I can't tell if it's flattering or not, and I'd love some honest opinions. This is for a wedding we're attending in July. Please excuse the shoddy photo :)

5 comments:

RescuingLisa said...

Pretty dress! You look beautiful! Perfect for summer!

Thanks for the award :) You are definitely a beautiful blogger - a well deserved award!!!

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Oh I love it! So pretty :)
I got that award in grade 12 too lol.
Yay for a shopping spree!

Thanks for the blog love :) Have a great weekend Meg!

Anna said...

Thank you for the award! :) You made my day.
I have the same fear of snakes - anything that crawls actually! Uggh!

I love the dress. You look good in it! And I mean it. How do you plan to comb your hair? :)

Meg said...

Thanks Ladies! My boyfriend liked it, too, and I figured out how to adjust the strap length so it's perfect. I think it's a keeper!

Anna - I'm planning to go to a hair salon and have my hair cut and styled the morning of the wedding. I'm due for a trim anyway! :)

Erin B said...

Lovely dress. You should whip up a little lacy shawl for it.