Friday, June 18, 2010

A little bit sappy

When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.


The above quote is from one of the best characters on TV today, Barney Stinson.

Lately I've been feeling kind of glum. I'm not sure why, but I've got a feeling that it has to do with Lady Mountain looming on the horizon. I didn't suffer from PMS as a teenager, so I was lucky. Even now, aside from some mild tummy pain, I do fine. I don't crave salty or sweet foods, and I don't retain much water. I do, however, spontaneously burst into tears, become irrationally moody, and get irritated very.very.easily.

I'm a joy.

The hilarious thing is, every month, I fall into a few day slump and can't figure out why. DUH.

Working out more, eating healthfully and trying to listen to my body has resulted in me ACTUALLY LISTENING to my body, mind and spirit. (That's totally hokey. Excuse me while I go throw up!)

I know that what I'm craving isn't ripple chips, it's a hug or some cuddle time. Or maybe it's not cuddle time, it's time alone or with a girlfriend! What I don't need is a chocolate bar, it's a walk to clear the air in my office and get away from my desk. French fries covered in gravy and cheese won't make me feel better, but a good hard cardio session might help me work out the anxiety I so often suffer from.

I am pessimistic and quite sarcastic by nature, but gosh darn, if trying to be healthy body-wise isn't helping me feel better everything-else wise.

I have today off, and instead of going to buy a pie and eat nearly the whole thing, like I did on my last personal day in April, I'm doing 3 loads of laundry and I've worked out. I have a great fruit salad made up for lunch, I've got a great dinner planned and I'm going to go cash in a gift certificate for a pedicure I got for Christmas. I'm going to stop being a sad mopey donkey, and be awesome instead.

What lessons have you learned from your weight loss/trying to be healthier experiences? What is your body telling you?

3 comments:

Anna said...

Firt thing off, *virtual hug*! :)

I got that feeling too today - not about PMS, about my body teaching me things. Yesterday, my partner asked me what I wanted as a prize for my graduation. He proposed some extra-good-and-usually-off-limits food... because I would choose that in the past! Instead, I asked me to bring me on a weekend away in one of the most beautiful places in Italy, Cinqueterre :)

Meg said...

I am so jealous. :)

Meg said...

I am so jealous. :)