Monday, June 14, 2010

A photo

I realized over the weekend that I haven't shared a full-body photo with you yet. A lot of you reading this blog don't know me or see me on a regular basis, and don't know what I look like.



This photo was taken at the end of January. I was all dressed up for a very important work event - at the time, I was the marketing manager for a ballet company that performed both in the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Olympics, and at the Cultural Olympiad in Vancouver. This is me ready to go to the opening gala party for the Cultural Olympiad.

I felt great that day, even surrounded by stick thin little ballerinas, celebrities and the who's-who of Vancouver.

Less than 6 weeks later, I wore this dress out for a special anniversary date with my boyfriend. I looked much the same, but I could have cried, I felt so fat and unattractive. Frumpy, bloated, uncomfortable in my skin. I look at the photos our waitress took of us together and I feel so sad, both about how bad I look and how awful I felt, on such a great date.

But it would take 2 more months before I decided that it was time to do something about it.

5 comments:

Snowflake said...

Nice photo!! You look beautiful!!!!

Meg said...

Thanks Mom. A bit heavy-handed with the highlighter, but I did think I looked really great that night.

Deb said...

Okay, I have to admit that I am looking at this picture and am TOTALLY jealous of your legs. You have great legs.

Meg said...

Deb - Thank you!! I have always hated my legs, or rather, my thighs. But I guess they look pretty good in this photo!

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are beautiful. I wish I could wear a dress. I haven't worn a dress in over 10 years :( But being on WW, here's hoping that will change soon.