Wednesday, June 9, 2010

WI #4: June 9, 2010


I can't remember where I found this but I think it's hilarious.

Slow and steady, right? This morning I was down 0.4 lb.

It's tough, because my gut reaction, honestly, is to be disappointed. I worked REALLY hard this week. Here's my weekly points tracker:



I earned way more activity points than I normally do, which is awesome. I ate less than half of my weekly points. I thought this was a great week and I'd see a great loss on the scale.

But then yesterday morning I snuck a peek at my weight and I was up more than a pound. So now I'm going to keep trying to only weigh myself on Wednesdays, and not get so hung up on that number.

There are other, more exciting numbers to get hung up on!

In the month since I joined WW, I've lost 8.5 inches from all over my body: 1.5 off my hips, 1 off my thighs, 1 off my bust (nooo!), 1 off my upper arms, and 4 off my waist. FOUR! INCHES!

Maybe that's why my pants look like this:

8 comments:

Dana said...

YAY!! 8.5 inches is FANTASTIC!! Also, don't think of it as losing your bust, think of it as losing you back bust - this makes it better - no one wants a back bust.

Snowflake said...

The 8.5 inches is fantastic!!! When you do more activity you are building muscle so you may not see a big weight loss but it is definitely showing up in lost inches!!!! And baggy pants is what you want!!!!!

RescuingLisa said...

Whoo hoo on the pants - that awesome! Time for a smaller size - what a great feeling that is! I want to know what you did on Saturday that got you 11 AP's! That's incredible and I want some!

You're doing great - I bet you'll have a big loss next week.... keep up the good work!

Meg said...

Thanks Ladies :)

Lisa - I did 25 minutes of really fast, high resistance elliptical, and then 35 minutes of fast cycling. I was dying by the end. It was too much - next time I'll maybe dial back the speed/resistance a little.

Breanne said...

Great job Meg!!!

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Holy crap that's a lot of inches! Great job :)

Just keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure the weight will keep dropping. Also, for a lot of people, when you're earning that many APs, it's a good idea to eat more of your weeklies. I know it seems counterproductive, but sometimes you need to eat more to lose more. Just something to think about :)

Carolyn said...

Go You!!!!!

Deb said...

You're doing great. I had a small gain my 5th week on program and was really upset by it.

You have to keep things in perspective and keep your eye on the big picture. Looks like you're doing a good job of that.