Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WI # 6: Wednesday, June 23

This morning I was down 3.4 lbs!!
 
The scale and I are back to being friends-on. I had hoped to see a loss of 1 pound or more this week, after two weeks of smaller losses. I worked really hard this week, so I am satisfied that the scale is showing it.
 
In related news, this loss brings my total weight loss to 11.6 lbs, put me past my 5% goal, and dropped me into a new "decade" of weight!
 
I was running late this morning so I didn't take my measurements, but as of last week I've also lost 11.5 inches from all over my body.
 
It's finally starting to show. I feel slimmer. I definitely feel healthier - minus the head cold. I can walk farther and faster without effort. On the weekend I spent four hours with a photographer at work, climbing up and down stairs and didn't feel out of breath. I don't feel sluggish, I'm sleeping better. I'm very proud of the progress I've made so far, and totally motivated to keep going.

8 comments:

RescuingLisa said...

Whoo Hoo! Go Meg!

You are doing awesome and congrats on entering anew decade!

Isn't it great when you just start feeling better physically. It's like "whoa - this is what I've been missing?"

Love it.

Keep up the excellent work and have a good time on your vacation!

Lady Buttons said...

YAAAAAAY, MEG! =)

Anna said...

These are great news! Congratulations!

Also, I really, really like the new picture! :)

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Great job Meg :)

You're killing it! Keep up the amazing work!

Meg said...

Thanks everybody!

spotlessmind said...

Go you! That's so exciting. Be proud of yourself! By the way, how was Zumba? I see people doing it at the gym but no one seems to be moving at the same time or know what's going on... does look tiring though!

Breanne said...

Great job Meg! Don't you love when you have those moments of ... wait a second... I just climbed all the stairs. Usually I'd be tired! I had one of those moments in yoga - I could do a pose that I never was able to before and I was so excited!

Lauren said...

Reaching 5% is so huge, congrats!! It is a really great marker, because at that point you really can feel a difference.

One thing I never did at the start was take measurements. I think I will do that after my next weigh-in. It's a great way to track progress, and it's something you can see even if the scale gods are not friendly :P

Congrats again!!