Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Getting back on track is hard.

It's like I'm fighting some kind of stupid internal battle. I want to get back on track so badly. I want to eat healthy, exercise, do all the right things. But the other side of me just isn't having it.
 
I woke up early this morning with the intention of working out. I got out of bed at around 6:30, walked to the bathroom, and turned right back around and got back into bed for another hour. I packed a great breakfast (yogurt and berries) and lunch (salad with chickpeas and berries, and a mini babybel cheese), and some snacks (a granola bar, a delicious nectarine, some mini rice cakes).  I decided I would absolutely work out after I got home from the office, no ifs, ands or buts.
 
Buuuuut. But it's cold. And I'm tired. All I want to do is snack, but I've eaten everything I've packed. I want to go home, curl up in my pj's and read a book. Or nap. Or do anything but exercise.
 
Why am I doing this to myself?! I have to find the energy and the urge to workout in the next 2 hours, or I'll feel even worse tomorrow. Bah.

5 comments:

Eve said...

I know exactly how you feel! I have been like that the last few days :-( It's so easy to fall back into old habits - but we have to just stop that internal battle and just do it - don't even think about it. I wish I could follow my own advice! lol :-)

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

I agree with Eve. Don't give yourself the option to not work out or to not make healthy food choices. Just do it. And just focus on having one good day at a time. Commit to being on plan for just one day. Then get up and do the same thing the next day. Eventually you'll be right back into your healthy lifestyle.

You can do it. You owe it to yourself to get back at it :)

Meg said...

Thanks ladies :)

I didn't eat anything else at work, and I came home and immediately popped the Shred dvd in. I could hear the intro as I changed into my workout clothes, and that got me going. An hour later, workout is done, I'm showered, and a healthy dinner is on the go. I'm so glad I did - you're right, Amanda, I owe it to myself!

Snowflake said...

You're suffering from "holiday hangover". A day or two of making a more conscious effort to eat healthy and exercise and you'll be back in the groove and it won't feel like such a chore!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Alice said...

Woot! Great job! You must feel like a million bucks! Remember that when you don't want to workout the next morning you plan to, and I share your pain I'm trying to run in the mornings right now because of how hot it is getting and getting used to it is HARD.