Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Give up the frump!

Today I wore my new jeans for the first time. It's amazing how wearing clothes that actually *fit* make me feel so much better! I felt totally hot today, guys. It's not like I'd even done myself up - I had some bad, bad hair going on - but I wasn't drowing in saggy clothes that were too big.

Lesson learned.

One of the things I've got to work on is making myself feel attractive and pretty. I need to focus on the things I love about myself, and learn to work on the things I don't.

I used to feel like I didn't need to put in any effort. I was (am) a chubby girl, and in my mind, that meant I was invisible. No one cared if I did my hair in something other than a ponytail; makeup was wasted. After all, no one noticed me. No one was looking at me, anyway.

Whenever I start a diet, I'd always promise myself a solid makeover once I reached goal. I'd be hot. People wouldn't ignore me anymore.

Now, I'm starting to feel like I need to sass myself up for me. I'm looking at myself. I shouldn't wait until I've reached my goal to make myself over a bit. I'm worth it, right? We all are.

I'm a good-looking girl. I inherited good genes - I've got great skin, huge green eyes, hair that does pretty much whatever I want it to with some effort. I'm tall, and I've got long legs and a defined waist. I'm only going to get hotter, people. With a little more pride in my appearance and some actual effort...lock up your sons!

(uh, I mean that hypothetically, as I'm sure that none of you reading have sons in the 27-35 range, plus, I'm basically married in the eyes of the law anyway to a super duper guy.)

4 comments:

Gary said...

That's right my Megan you are hot, and your not on the market.

RescuingLisa said...

Meg - I couldn't agree with you more - you've got to put the effort in for you! Be selfish - that's the only way to go!

This mentality of "I deserve to look and feel good" is what it's all about - embrace it! I know I have and am loving it!

Katy said...

I'm just now taking the time and investing a (small) amount in some new clothes. It's hard to justify spending $$ on new clothes as you lose weight because you know they won't fit for that long, but it's totally worth it. So I go for cheap but cute. Yesterday I bought 2 dresses and cute top from Macy's and 2 pairs of shorts from Target...a MUCH needed wardrobe addition and now today I feel great. Look great=do great=eat great=workout great. I loved this post, is so vain, but I feel like I just have a hot girl trapped inside of me, and you do too!

Anonymous said...

dispenses utilize a wonderful website respectable Gives diverse thanks pro the heartless importune to serve at large people
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]