Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 2010: Goals

Goal setting worked really well for me in June. I found it really motivating to work towards mini-goals, instead of think of the 60 lbs of weight I want to lose (which is down to 49 now!). These little goals kept me on track and I really pushed to achieve my fitness goals, and I think that absolutely made a difference in the results I saw in June.

I've decided to make a few goals for July, but stick to Deb's philosophy of goals being something you DO, not DESIRE.

So my goals for July are:

1. 720 Minutes of Exercise
2. Attend 3 Zumba Classes
3. Finish Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred, and start Level 3
4. Try Three New Recipes for Low-Point, Vegetarian Dinners

Of course, I'm also working towards my next weight loss goal - 10%, but I'm not going to set a specific deadline. I am confident that achieving the above goals will help me get there!

What are your goals for the month? Do you have any recipe suggestions for me?

4 comments:

RescuingLisa said...

Your goals are awesome! Hoo-ray for monthly goals!

Snowflake said...

Here are my goals for July:
1. 300 minutes of exercise a week
2. Add strength training and aquacises to my activity list
3. Try 2 new WW recipes a week

Good luck with your goals...I know you can do it!!!!

Deb said...

I just posted my July goals on my blog:

1. Swim twice a week, run three times a week, bike three times a week.

2. Hike at least 4 times in the month.

3. Take 1 day a week as either a rest day or an active rest day.

4. Track my food intake at least 5 days a week.

As for the recipes, you should check out the eat-clean diet cookbook. There's a recipe for butternut squash soup that's to die for. The book isn't a vegetarian book, but it has a lot of good vegetarian recipes.

Dana said...

I have the eat clean cookbook if you want to look at it, as well I have a WW magazine with like 60 - 20 min lunch receipes, you are more then welcome to take a look at both, and by take a look I totally mean, photocopy.