Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Meg looks like a lady



Carrying on my 'look less frumpy' kick, today I wore a dress to work that hasn't fit since November. I bought this dress last fall, and it was a bit tight. I figured, that's what spanx are for, right? Plus, at the time, I was working at the Ballet and I was too busy to care if I looked like a sausage.

Well, now the dress fits without spanx, and I think by this November, it'll be too big. Which is too bad (not really), because I think it's cute!

Then I came home from work. It was way too hot to do the Shred or another dvd in our apartment, so I hit the running trail outside. I did 30 minutes of jog/walk intervals. I was a sweaty, sweaty Meg. Not so ladylike.



Sometimes I feel bad for my boyfriend. I dress up for work (most of the time) but he never sees me in my nice clothes. I have a pretty strict "I'm not doing my hair, putting on nice clothes or makeup unless we're leaving the house" policy. Have I let myself go? Meh. Maybe. A little. But I think he likes that I'm low maintenance?

I also tried out my new running belt for the first time. I've been looking for something that will hold my keys, my apartment scan tag, id, some emergency cash, and water. I have an armband for my ipod, so the fact that this one has an ipod pocket was an extra benefit.



I picked this up at Winners for $15 or so. It's okay. It bounces too much and I found that annoying, but it certainly was hot today and I was glad to have water on me! I tried wearing it in the front, on the side, and the back. None of them were awesome, but the back was probably the easiest for running, and the front for walking.

Tomorrow is WI...sleep tight!

5 comments:

Robert said...

Lookin' good! That dress is really cute. I think your face looks a lot slimmer too. Keep up the good work.

bre said...

I was hoping you were going to say you loved the belt. I'm looking for one that will hold my ID, Visa, water and poop bags. I also need it to hold my iPod because while I have an arm band I have no idea how people actually run with that - it drove me crazy the one time I tried it and I ended up carrying my iPod instead. If you find/hear of a really great belt let me know!

Meg said...

Thanks Robert!

Bre, I didn't want to spend a lot of money so the fancy running belts at the running room were out. I'll let you know if I find something better!

Snowflake said...

Love the new Megan!!!!

Snowflake said...

Well, actually, that's not to say I didn't love the old Megan...what I meant was that I love the new look on Megan!!!!