Saturday, July 17, 2010

Non-scale Victory

In the world of weight loss, non-scale victories (nsv) often are the ones that feel the hardest won and are truly rewarding. It can be buying a smaller size, passing down a temptation, or a fitness achievement.

This morning at the gym I cranked out 60 minutes on the Elliptical. I usually do 20-30 minutes of elliptical and then another 20 minutes or so of stationary biking. If my back is sore, I will skip it altogether, but today I really went for it.


hello, friend

I can't believe I'm even capable of doing a full hour of pretty intense cardio! I kept my heart rate up the entire time, and didn't stop. Two months ago, squeaking out 20 minutes was tough. I guess all that time with crazy Jillian really is working :)

What are your NSV's this week?

4 comments:

Robert said...

Great work, Meg! I pushed myself to get to the pool yesterday and it felt amazing.

misssarahlou said...

Woohoo good for you!
My NSV this week was two outdoor jogs - I dont jog outside so this was quite an achievement for me :o)

RescuingLisa said...

Way to go Meg! I love the elliptical too! It's my fav! 60 minutes = rockstar status!

misssarahlou said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a blog award. Check out my blog for the deets! http://misssarahlou.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-won-award-o.html