Wednesday, July 28, 2010

WI # 11 - Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This morning the scale showed the exact same weight as last week. This is kind of a buzz kill, because despite a week of mental struggles, I stayed totally on plan and got in a ton of activity.

But that said, I did have two big losses in a row, and maybe my body just needs to hit pause for a minute. Better than a gain, right?

I'm starving. I had plain yogurt, berries and a tablespoon of slivered almonds this morning for breakfast, and it's just not holding me over. I also have zero interest in what I packed for lunch - spicy blackbean soup - but I don't know what I'm craving instead. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have a big lunch, as I've got Zumba tonight and I definitely will need the energy to make it through an hour of hip shaking.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Remember, you are more than just a number. You are doing everything right, but your body isn't a mechanical calculator. You have to give it time. It's not a race to see how quickly you can lose weight. It's not a race because it's a lifelong process :)

Eat. But eat mindfully. If you're hungry, that's your body asking for nourishment (unless you're thirsty). Trust yourself!

Snowflake said...

Even though the scale may not show it this week, you have seen other things that show the plan is working such as wearing clothes that didn't used to fit, the energy to go out and run after work and a conscious effort to eat healthy!!! Way to go Meg!!!!

BlossomBelle said...

Agreed. Next week will show all your hard week. just keep at it. You will have more than 1 frustrating scale outcome before your journey is up. Im headed to zumba tonight as well. Fajitas with a boatload of veg on the menu tonight. Have fun!

Deb said...

The scale just isn't nice sometimes. You are doing great and accomplishing things much bigger then a number.