Wednesday, July 14, 2010

WI # 9 - Wednesday, July 14

I've been following weight watchers for two months now, and I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. Sometimes I look at my own previous results, and the weight loss of others, and I think that this time, the weight is coming off really slowly.

I read a lot of magazines and blogs and occasionally I watch weight-loss themed tv shows, where contestants and celebrities lose twenty pounds a month or more. This isn't realistic, healthy, or actually even feasible! While it'd be great to drop 5 lbs a week, every week, I'm pretty sure I'd get cocky, slip back into bad habits, and gain it all back again. I know myself, and I know my body. Working hard for the weight loss means I'm less likely to sabotage myself and throw all that hard work out the window.

Now, talk of hard work and slow weight loss aside, this week I'm down 2.8 lbs - for a total so far of 13.8 lbs! The number I saw on the scale this morning surprised me so much that I had to step off the scale and weigh myself a few more times to make sure. I had a tough week, and it wasn't easy to get back on the program after a vacation. A wedding, a few parties, the Calgary Stampede - temptation was everywhere and I was sure that this week I'd see a gain.

Wahoo!

8 comments:

Deb said...

Congrats on the great loss! Just don't get too cocky now. ;)

Lady Buttons said...

AWESOME, Meg! Congrats!

Snowflake said...

Way to go!!!! Another good WI!!!!

Meg said...

Thanks ladies!

I'll try not to get cocky following my awesome weight loss ;) I'd love to see 1.2lbs or more down next week, because then I'd be down an even 15 lbs, but it'll come off when it comes off.

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Great job Meg! And I love your realistic and healthy attitude :)

RescuingLisa said...

Alright! Way to go Meg! Slow and steady wins the race!

Anna said...

Wow! :) Way to go! You won't get cocky, just feel proud and keep on! Isn't this a successful weight loss story? ;)

misssarahlou said...

Great loss, and you know what they say about slow loss, you will keep it off because it wont be a diet it will be a way of life, the longer you do something the more it becomes part of your life and the more likely you are to stick with it. :o)