Monday, August 2, 2010

Goals - July and August!

Is it just me, or did the month of July go by really fast?

Setting monthly mini-goals is definitely helping me stay on track and motivated. I'm going to keep it up for the month of August, but first, a recap of my July goals.

1. 720 Minutes of Exercise - I exceeded this goal. By the end of the month, I had reached 810 minutes of exercise, which is an hour and a half more activity than I aimed for. I think that this goal was realistic and achievable, which is key for me, but it wasn't too low.

2. 3 Zumba Classes - I did go to 3 classes, once a week on Wednesday nights.

3. Finish Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred - I did Level 2 8 times. I was aiming for 10, but I just didn't get there. I'm okay with this, and I'm considering it a success. Even though I wanted to quit, I did power through 3 more workouts. I'm planning to move up to Level 3 this coming week.

4. Try 3 New, Vegetarian, Low-Point Recipes - Done! I had fun with this one. Ratatouille, Lime Biryani Salad, and Tortilla-crusted Quiche. I really like cooking and looking for new recipes, so this was an easy goal to meet.

This month, I'm aiming for 750 minutes of activity. I don't plan on quitting Zumba class OR the 30 Day Shred, but I'm going to try to trust myself a little more. This month I felt like not achieving my goals was a failure, but truly, any activity is good activity, and if I'm in the mood for yoga or running or strength training or swimming - I should just do what I'm in the mood for.

But that said, this month I would like to work on my flexibility, so I'm going to do yoga 4 mornings this month. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I'd like to give it a try and I do like doing yoga in the mornings. Maybe these 4 workouts will light a fire and I'll become one of those early-morning, up with the birds yogis. Or not...

And finally, I'd like to try 3 new low-point recipes. No vegetarian restriction this time, just 3 new recipes. I've got a few ideas, and I'm looking forward to sharing with you!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Way to go! How do you call this a failure!? :)

Carmen said...

I think your idea of making monthly non-weight related goals for each month if a fabulous idea, friend! I'm really looking forward to hearing about these low-point recipes! If I find anything good, I'll be sure to send it your way!
Good luck with your goals this month, you sure rocked last month's goals!