Wednesday, August 4, 2010

WI # 12 - Wednesday, August 4

This morning I was down 2.8 lbs, for a total of 19 lbs! I can't believe that I've lost almost 20 lbs, and that I'm 4 away from my 10% goal. I really hope that I can reach that 10% by September, but as we all know, our bodies and the scale work in mysterious ways!

I observed something interesting this week when I looked back at my points tracker.



I sometimes struggle to eat all of my daily points, especially the two days before weigh in. This week, I tried very hard to make sure I did eat my DP's, and I also tried to split up my weekly points a little more through the week instead of either trying not to use them or using them in one shot for a big dinner out. I definitely didn't deprive myself this week - I ate french fries, ice cream, hash browns, pulled pork, beer - but I did watch my portion sizes. I really enjoyed my food this week.

I know that sounds like crazy talk, but it's going to be key for me in the long run. I also think it's interesting that I had a sizeable loss this week when I ate MORE, and sometimes when I stick to just my 29 points a day, I don't see much of a loss.

How was your week? What is your strategy when it comes to food? Are you a saint 6 days a week, and eat whatever you want on the 7th? Is it an 80/20 rule every day, or do you try to stay consistent with your calorie intake?

7 comments:

RescuingLisa said...

I have the same thing - every time I eat ALL My DP, WP and even APs I loose more than when I only eat me DPs- it is a wonderful revelation!

Go Meg!

Chicky said...

I'm still trying to figure out my own balance of points, to see what works for me. I already know if I eat all my points (DPs, WPs, APs) I don't lose as much. So I try to keep within my DP and WPs.

What a great loss this week Meg! And 19lbs! You go, Girl!!

Chicky
www.wanna-bethin.blogspot.com

Snowflake said...

Way to go Meg!!! Can hardly wait to see you, I'm sure we will notice a change!!!!

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Good for you Meg!

I'm the same way, my body needs my daily and weekly plus some of my activity points. I figure that's how I'll make the program work for life :)

Alice said...

Congrats on your awesome loss and realizing what you need to do to show that scale who's boss!

Carmen said...

I'm crazy about not using my AP and I only use my WP if absolutely necessary. I think I have used 5 since I started? I also don't think I've eaten all my points in a day...maybe I should try your strategy!
Congrats on the 19 mark! You inspire me to keep going every day!

Anna said...

I don't use points but I very recently (yesterday :D) decided I'll try having an "indulgence" day to keep me away from binging every day (I explain it all in my last post)... hope that helps!