Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WI # 13 - Wednesday, August 18



In sharp contrast to last week, this is how I felt this morning. Down 3.4 lbs! I'm 3.2 lbs away from my 10% goal and shopping spree-lette...yay!

You know those days when you just *feel* lighter? Today is one of those days. I'm fitting comfortably into the trouser jeans I couldn't even get past my thighs three months ago. I'm walking taller, standing straighter. I can see my cheekbones, which have been lost in the oh-so-adorable "Diefenbaker Cheeks" I've had since infancy.


John Diefenbaker, Canadian Prime Minister, 1957-1963

Last night I struggled through the second day of Week Two of C25K. It was so much harder than Sunday's workout, even though it was exactly the same. Whether it was beacuse the treadmill in our building's gym is kind of crappy, because I was working out after a long day, or the headache I had all afternoon, I fought for every single step of that workout. I kept promising myself that I could stop running if I really needed to, but I didn't have to. I won't lie, I do hope it gets easier!

6 comments:

Jams said...

Not all runs are easy or fun. Sometimes they totally suck. It's those days that make it hard to keep going. You survived one, and that's awesome! Keep it up! and great weigh in!!!! :)

RescuingLisa said...

Whoop whoop! Way to go Meg!

I don't normally toot my own horn - but I knew you would see a big loss this week!

You are doing awesomely-fantastic!

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Yeah! Awesome Meg :)

Deb said...

Congrats on your weigh in!

The running gets easier, then harder again, then easier and so on...

I had some runs that feel so much more difficult then the one before, then others I feel like I'm flying.

BlossomBelle said...

Great work! Those loses are sp motivating to keep going. Im taking your lead and attempting the couch to 5k myself. A bit scared, but looking forward o accomplishing something!

Chicky said...

I'm so proud of you Meg. You re-encourage me through your blog every single week.
Keep it fly!!

Chicky
www.wanna-bethin.blogspot.com