Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Woo hoo!!


I am a long, long, long way from one of these, but that's how I feel today.

Yesterday after work I headed to my new gym for my first weekday workout. I was really concerned that it would be packed, but it wasn't. I was also concerned that it would be full of buff workout bunnies (you know, the ones who are only there to meet guys) and morons (you know, meatheads, with their ed hardy t-shirts, who are only there to check out girls), which it was, but you take the good with the bad!

I also had an unpleasant run-in with someone I used to date. Awkward.

But I'm counting yesterday's visit in the Wins column, because I progressed to Week 3 of the Couch25K program. To say I was intimidated would be putting it mildly - this week moves from 90 seconds of running to a full 3 minute interval. Can I even run for 3 minutes? I don't remember the last time I did. And it certainly wasn't pleasant.

But after some positive comments from fellow WW'ers, I decided that I had nothing to lose. I'd try, and if I couldn't, I'd just stay at Week 2.

Well, I'm proud to say that not only did I complete it, I completed it without dying, collapsing, or otherwise limiting my ability to walk today. I am so proud of myself. In my opinion, there is very little that feels better than proving to yourself that you can stretch your limits.

What are you proud of today?

5 comments:

Deb said...

Yay! Congrats! The first run of week 3 was one of those milestone runs for me. Once I did that 3 minute interval, I had faith I could do 5, then 8 when it came time.

When are you doing your first 5K run?

There's a Halloween howl run on Oct 23...

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Yeah! Good for you Meg :)

I am so impressed by runners. I'm not there yet, but maybe one day I'll be brave like you and try out C25K.

Glad to hear your week has started out nicely :)

Alice said...

Woot woot! Great job on running!

Frank said...

What am I proud of? I'd say at this moment that I'm proud of you...you're doing amazing and I'm proud to count you as one of my friends

Meg said...

Aww, Frank, I'm glad we're friends, too.