Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Determination



This morning I was really angry. I vented, then I went to the gym to sweat it out. It really helped. I noticed that I can handle a higher tension and a higher speed in my spin classes. I've been doing them for about a month, and I don't think it's a coincidence that a month ago I couldn't fit into those jeans, but now I can. So yes, my body changes, even if my weight doesn't.

While I walked back to my office, I thought about what I'd do next. As Deb pointed out, I am dangerously close to falling off the plan completely at this point. All it would take is one binge - well, one binge followed by a lack of recovery - and in two months, I'd probably be back up to where I was when I started this journey in May. And I really don't want that to happen.

So I cleared my head and worked out a plan.

This week, I'm going to eat every single point from my Daily and Weekly allowance, and most of my Activity Points - I'm aiming to use just over half of them. That's a lot of food for someone who regularly doesn't even eat half of those Weeklies! (For non-ww'ers, I get 28 Daily Points every day, 35 Weekly Points to use at my discretion if I choose throughout the week, and I can also eat any Activity Points I earn. A 45 minute spin class earns me 8 points.)

A few people on the WW Boards pointed out that maybe I'm not eating enough. Maybe I'm eating the wrong things. Maybe I'm just 'stuck' and need to do something entirely different. This can't hurt, and if it does, well, then I know that eating a bit more isn't the solution for me right now.

In addition to juggling my points around, I'm going to continue to exercise. I looked back over past weeks and I have definitely been earning more AP's in the past month - from an average of about 20 to now 30 or over. This is great, because exercise is good for me mentally and physically.

So that's the plan. No derailing, no out of control binge-arrific pity party, no irrational crash dieting. I celebrated by letting myself have something I've been drooling over for the past couple weeks - a pumpkin cream cheese muffin from Starbucks, all 11 points of it. A big indulgence, but that's okay. It's totally on the plan.

6 comments:

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

I'm glad that you're pushing through it Meg. I know it sucks when stuff like this happens, and it seems like you are putting in so much effort and nothing is changing at the scales, but you've got a great plan in place.

I think it's a great idea to eat a little more if you're exercising so much, I know it sounds crazy, but I've heard from so many people the same thing over and over, you have to eat to lose and sometimes that means you have to eat all those points that are available to you.

Best of luck this week :)

Carmen said...

This sucks Meg. It really does. But you have a great attitude about the whole thing. Keep your chin up, I heart you!

RescuingLisa said...

Oh gawd - those pumpkin cream cheese muffins have caught my eye too! Damn them!

Good attitude meg - pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and away we go!

Deb said...

Sounds like a good plan. Sometimes you just have to shake things up a bit to break your body out of a rut. Hopefully it works for you.

Sonya @ Eyes on the Hourglass said...

Man, I wish I only ate 1/2 my weekly points. I always eat my weekly points and my APs and sometimes I'm still hungry...ugh....

Good for you for sticking on track even when it's damn hard!!

BlossomBelle said...

Good for you. A new plan of attack will be motivating and keep you going. It is so easy to just give up when it gets hard. Keep going! Good luck this week