Monday, September 20, 2010

A size smaller

Back in July, I wrote about buying a new pair of jeans, because the ones I was wearing every day were a saggy, saggy mess. I was a bit disappointed, because the size 16 jeans were a bit tight, but I bought them anyway.

Now those jeans are a saggy mess, and I am so proud to tell you that today I am wearing the smallest jeans in my closet. Yesterday I slipped into the size 14 jeans I had bought about two years ago, wore for a few weeks, and then promptly "grew out of" - but they're back on now! They are a tiny bit snug in the waist, but they fit great everywhere else.

Two months is how long it took for me to drop a pants size. Two months. I've lost 5.8 lbs in those two months, which again disappoints me - everyone wants to drop 8-10 lbs a month, right? But wow. Talk about a motivator! Just when I'm starting to feel like the amount of work I'm doing isn't worth the reward, I see results in a different way.

8 comments:

Jams said...

It's always nice to move into a smaller size.... Now, as soon as possible - donate those old clothes! Someone else needs them. You don't, cause you're not growing back into them!

Carmen said...

That is wonderful news, Meg! Congrats!!! I'm very proud of you for sticking with it even when you don't see the results you were hoping for. I'm very glad you found another way to see the progress you have made!

Slimming Down for the Gown said...

Isn't it the best feeling in the world!!! Congrats on the new size, you'll be in a size 12 before you know it!

Sonya @ Eyes on the Hourglass said...

I had that experience with a XL top recently that was in my closet that I finally decided to try on (not thinking it would fit, but it did!). It's the best feeling in the world, and really makes you want to push on!

Congrats!

RescuingLisa said...

Hoo-ray! Way to go Meg!

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Yeah! Congrats Meg, that's awesome progress :)

Deb said...

Congrats! It's a great feeling.

Alice said...

I so understand what you mean about seeing rewards in a whole other place. I've been stuck at the same weight + or - 0.2lbs for a month now but I ran my second half-marathon on the weekend and beat my first time by 18 minutes. I can live with the lack of weight disappearing since I know I'm much healthier than I was 4 months ago!