Friday, September 3, 2010

So far, so good

September is off to a great start.

So far, I've got 2 sparkly leaves on my calendar and plan to get one up for today before we leave town. We're heading to my mom and dad's for the weekend, which might normally mean a 3 day couch-and-snack fest, but this time, I've got different ideas. Snowflake (my mom!) is also a WW'er and has been doing a great job. She's also very supportive, and I'm sure she has some healthy snacks and options kicking around the kitchen!

A four-hour road trip might mean fast food, but we've staked out a healthier option and I've pre-tracked what I'll have for dinner.

My brother is coming home, too, and bringing his new puppy. A 3 month old Yellow Lab needs lots of walks - which means lots of activity for "auntie". I've also packed my workout clothes and a few different dvds, in case the aerobics spirit moves me over the weekend.

I'm really looking forward to a mix of activity and relaxation. I hope you have a great long weekend!

4 comments:

RescuingLisa said...

Yay for visits to mom and dad (i'm doing one too this weekend).

I plan to get my family movin' too!

Have fun with the fam!

Carmen said...

Your house is the most fun! Hope you have a great time!

Meg said...

Carmen - hopefully no vicious fondue-related injuries this weekend!

Deb said...

Have fun! Enjoy your sparkly leaves. :)