Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WI # 15 and August Goals In Review

This morning I was down .4 lbs. This felt like a measly .4 lbs, to be honest. I have been up and down the same 2 lbs all month, and it's starting to drive me a little batty. But now I'm in a new 'decade' of numbers and getting ever closer to that 10%. I can do this. Even at 7:30 in the morning when it really feels like I'll never, ever get there.

August was a tough month for me. The first three months on Weight Watchers seemed to be full of success. They were easier. The frustrations were there, but getting past them was really rewarding. Now I feel like I'm settling in for the long haul, and I have got a LONG way to go.

I didn't do so well on my August goals. As a refresher:

1. 750 minutes of exercise - I completed 630. It was so easy to come up with excuses.
2. 4 morning yoga workouts - I did a whopping ZERO. I've been stressed, and while getting out of bed to do yoga would have helped, staying in bed won every.single.day.
3. Try 3 new recipes - I completed 3 out of 3. But none of them were particularly remarkable.

The good, though? In August, I joined a gym. Went through my closet and purged stacks of clothes that are too big for me. I started the C25K program, and can run for 3 minutes without dying. I gave myself a makeover.

September always feels like a fresh start, and I'm certainly ready for it. Instead of setting goals this month, I've decided to do something a little bit different. But you'll have to wait to find out what!

7 comments:

Chicky said...

You may not have met all your goals, but the things you did do are amazing accomplishments anyhow. Sometimes, we need to forget that we had a "picture" in our head of what we wanted (and we aren't seeing it), but what we see in reality is even better!

Keep it up for the long haul. I've gained and lost the same 6 pounds over the last year, but I know my day will come and that it is a lifestyle change (and my initial on is so bad, I knew it wouldn't change over night). Hang it there, Meg!

Chicky
www.wanna-bethin.blogspot.com

Jams said...

Goals are something to shoot for. If you don't reach them, it doesn't mean that you didn't achieve success. You are doing great.

If you're playing with the same two pounds over and over again, get back to the basics. Re-read book 1, fill up on those filling foods, and when all else fails change something up.

You have the power! And I believe in you!

Deb said...

I believe the statistic is that many people give up by the four month mark.

Now, in no way am I saying that you're about to. But, it is normal to start to feel less of the initial enthusiasm at this point.

Like you said, now it's time to move into the long haul phase. Not as exciting in some ways, but it's for life, and that's pretty exciting in and of itself.

Meg said...

Deb - I totally agree. I've never made it past 3.5 months on any type of diet. I'm pretty proud of myself for recognizing that the urge to throw in the towel is around the corner, and deciding to push through it.

Snowflake said...

A new month and a new decade of numbers will bring you continued success. Don't give up now, you've worked too hard to get to where you are!!!!

RescuingLisa said...

Way to go Meg.

Something that I have found pretty cool with my gym pass (and perhaps yours is the same?) is that you can do more than just go to the gym. I have really taken to the yoga classes and this month am going to attempt to go swimming...

I say - take full advantage of your gym pass!

You are doing really great! the scale is moving downward! w00t w00t!

Kait said...

You are amazing! Just caught up on your blog since I have been away. 630/750 is pretty darn impressive. Also, speaking of your old clothes, my Mom and I might be hosting a Naked Lady Party this fall so if you want to hold on to them for a swap party that would be awesome!