Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Work in Progress

Today was tough. I had a disappointing weigh-in, missed the gym at lunch for a team working lunch - and then, the ww-friendly lunch I had pre-selected from the menu before we got to the restaurant wasn't available so I ordered pasta in a cream sauce instead.

I was late getting home and just didn't feel like heading to the gym. But I really wanted a sticker for my calendar, and I knew that 'I don't wanna' wasn't a good enough reason to skip a workout so early in the month. So I did Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred and was impressed by how much progress I've made, fitness-ability wise. Those pushups just keep getting easier!

Then I took some progress photos, something I haven't done in awhile. I figured, even if the scale didn't budge, maybe I'd be able to see the proof in the photos.

This is from August 3 (left) to September 8 (right). I've lost 1.4 lbs in that period of time.



I don't see a ton of difference, but a little bit is there!

This is a more dramatic comparison - from June 4 to September 8th, a 9.4 lb difference.




I'm more motivated now. I'm proud of myself for busting through a down day and earning my sticker. I'm proud of the changes I've made, for not giving up, and for having faith in myself. I can do this. I can lose the weight. I will.

4 comments:

Lady Rose said...

It looks like you've lost 5lbs just with the new haircut! Great hair-ography!!

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

You can absolutely do it...and you ARE doing it! Every time you make a better choice, like doing some kind of workout, you're taking steps in that direction!

Good for you Meg :)

Jams said...

Rough days happen. How you deal with them is important. You did the workout and I applaud you! Go forward today and think of all the great things to come!

RescuingLisa said...

I love your new haircut - it looks great - and so do you!

Keep it up Meg - bad days Suck! Hopefully tomorrow is a good one!