Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Avoiding the cookies: days one and two

Yesterday was an epic fail at avoiding my mid-afternoon sweets. I was doing fine until I went to a Staff Appreciation event, where I skipped over the fresh fruit and veggies and headed straight to Cookie Town.
 
Today I'm doing better. I'm fighting hard, though. I'm tired. I'm a little stressed about a project. A scone or a cookie would really take my mind off my troubles.
 
(NO IT WOULD NOT!)
 
But I'm sipping on a diet coke, chewing some gum and hanging in there. Only 25 more minutes to go in the workday - I can do this.

4 comments:

RescuingLisa said...

You can do it Meg!

I HATE Cookie Town, but somehow always manage to find myself there...

Slimming Down for the Gown said...

I know how you feel! There are halloween candies all around my work...except they're there year round. I usually have at least one a day, although its usually 2-3. I really need to stop but its so hard!

Alice said...

Try tea. I find a warm cup of tea with a pinch of honey keeps my afternoon sweet tooth away. Worth a shot! :)

Meg said...

I resisted!