Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday WI

This morning I was down .6 lbs. Yay! I have recommitted to the plan, but not with the vigor I need to in order to see big, splashy results. This weekend was pretty low-energy, and I can tell that I'm going to get sick soon, so I've been taking it a little easy with the activity.
 
Yesterday I posted on the WW message boards about waning enthusiasm for this whole process. I'm still tracking, still working out, still motivated by the same reasons why I want to lose weight, but I just don't have the same amount of energy for it. I look back at old blog posts and I was so excited about little changes, NSV's, new foods, new strategies. The truth of it is, it's not new anymore. Going to the gym at lunch has become part of my routine; it's a habit now. Which is great! But not as thrilling.
 
How do you keep weight loss exciting? Should I revisit my list of reasons to lose weight? Take a new fitness class? Post some more progress photos?
 
Or should I accept that while I need to stay motivated, maybe this isn't always going to excite me as much as it did when it was new? Like everything in life, the novelty wears off a bit and then we're left with the hard work and the day-to-day.
 
 

3 comments:

withoutadornment said...

Congrats on the Loss! :)

Deb said...

Congrats on the loss!

For me, what's kept me going is having something to work towards with my races.

Are you still doing C25K? There's a few bloggers meeting up at the resolution run on Dec 31...

SmilingErin said...

I'm trying to find my momentum again too. Last night I took some new pictures and was looking at some old ones - I can't believe how much my body has changed in the last few months! I feel much more motivated today than I did a few days ago. Just take some time to review and plan :)