Wednesday, December 29, 2010

feeling like a cabbage roll

Oh, hello there.

On the bright side - I had a marvelous Christmas holiday with my family. And this week, despite eating every single thing in sight for the past few days, I've only gained 1 lb.

On the not-so-bright side, I've been hiding from you in shame, because I've been eating everything in sight for not only the past few days, but at least 3 weeks.

It's not been pretty.

I'm currently at 212 lbs.

Over the holidays, at one point between shoving cookies in my mouth and washing them down with glass after glass of rye and coke or red wine, my mom and I reminded ourselves that after the holiday, it's back to the old "double-you double-you".

But I'm so ready for getting back to it. The sweets are still calling my name - I almost had pie for breakfast -and January is going to be a great month for sure, but why not just start now?

Yesterday I dragged myself off the couch and went to spin class at the gym. This morning, I've logged in to Weight Watchers and already tracked my breakfast (3/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt, 1 banana, 2 tbs granola and a coffee) and lunch (homemade pizza).

I'm tired of feeling like a stuffed cabbage roll. I really needed a break, but now I've been not exercising and eating like crap for long enough to remember that I really don't like feeling sluggish and tired.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Hi Meg! Nice to see you back! You know its weird...we both seem to be on the same "track" - I have been shoving food in my mouth for the past 3 weeks too... And I have also gained back a lot of what I lost (I am aswell as 212 right now). Good for you for starting now...I on the other hand, had "pie" for breakfast, and lunch so far.. and I am really looking forward to the Turkey Pot Pie tonight...

I am excited to officially begin WW again and learning the new program (cjclark82 on WW).

Good luck to you!

Meg said...

I think I needed the break. Which sounds ridiculous, but I have somehow justified it in my head.

My goal this week is just to track what I'm eating and try to get in some activity. There's a whole pie on top of the fridge, after all, and I can't let it go to waste... :)

Chicky said...

Nice to have you back with us Meg!!

RescuingLisa said...

Welcome back - Let's recommit now (you and me both)!!!

Deb said...

Good to see you back!

Last year, I took the entire month of December off and put 10 more pounds on prior to recommitting. The extra weight was frustrating, but I do think I needed the break in a way. It brought me to a point where I was really ready to make the change permanent.

2011 is the year you are going to smash through your goals!