Saturday, January 1, 2011

The first day of 2011

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve! We spent the evening with friends, playing rowdy board games (Catchphrase and Cranium) and eating sushi. I drove, so no rum-and-coke binge this year - but go figure that Gary was the one a bit saucy last night, and he was bright-eyed and bushytailed this morning, while I was dragging my butt out of bed with a killer headache.

We were invited over to my brother's for brunch, so we packed up the cinnamon rolls I made yesterday (delish, but a total splurge!) with my fancy new KitchenAid Mixer (thanks AGAIN, Mom and Dad!). They were amazing. I was so happy to be able to bake such a fantastic treat, have one (or two) and then leave the rest behind.

After that, I napped the afternoon away, made a quick dinner and cleaned up the kitchen a bit.

Now I'm settling in with a stack of magazines and a cookbook, planning what we're going to eat this week for dinner. I bought the Eating Clean cookbook right before Christmas, and I'm excited to try out some new meals.

Tomorrow morning we're off to the gym. I'm tempted to try out a new class called Fire, but there is no class description on the schedule and I'll be honest, I'm afraid that it'll be hard and hurt. I have no idea what it is - cardio, strength training, leaping through hoops set aflame? I don't like going into things unprepared. But I guess it's only an hour of my life, right?

3 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

You will have to let is know how the Eat Clean book is. I have heard alot of good things about it!

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

I just bought that cook book too. Looks good so far :)

Definitely sounds like a scary class! Lol. Let us know how it goes if you try it. :)

Happy New Year Meg!

Alice said...

You should totally try the fire! If it's not what you expected fake a cramp and sneak out, but at least try it. You never know you may end up loving it!