Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Surprise in my Latte

Yesterday was a killer day at work. I was on my feet (in heels!) all day long and by the time I got home after 9pm, I was exhausted! My whole body aches today, but I'm still planning to go to Zumba tonight.
 
This morning I felt like I deserved a little treat, so I stopped at Second Cup for a latte. I love Second Cup's hazelnut lattes. I love lattes in general, obviously, but the Second Cup ones taste so rich and creamy.
 
Too rich and creamy, in fact.
 
So I checked the Nutritional Info after the last of my large non-fat latte went down the hatch.
 
SHOCKER.
 
A skim latte is not actually a bad choice. It has protein and calcium from the milk, and while a grande non-fat latte at Starbucks usually clocks in at 4 points, that's worth it to me.
 
The 20 oz Non Fat Hazelnut Latte at Second Cup, on the other hand?
 
15 points. FIFTEEN!
 
And here I thought all they were adding was a couple pumps of hazlenut syrup - probably an extra 100 calories, max. Nope. 16 grams of fat? Where is that coming from? It's a NON-FAT latte!
 
I think it must be full of butter. That's really the only logical explanation. Everything that tastes that good is chock-a-block packed with butter, yes?
 
 

2 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

Damn! That is NOT a joke.

Jams said...

Mmmmm.... butter. lmao