Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wednesday WI

Where did the week go? Holy cats. I swear I was just here, writing this post seconds ago and already a week (and a day!) has passed.

Oops. Time flies when you're hopping across the gym floor with a 10 kg medicine ball.

So yes, I have spent a ton of time at the gym this week. And last week. This month has been AWESOME for gym-going.

I'm trying to focus on more small meals, more protein, more vegetables, and less white, refined sugars and flours and delicious, delicious carbs.

This week I was down .2 lbs, a small loss. But a loss! 4 losses in a row! Sure, I'd like that number to be bigger, but I did make a major change to my workout routine.

I'm no longer afraid of "that side" of the gym anymore. I'm doing 3 days a week of strength training, and 3 cardio workouts of between 30 - 50 minutes. On Tuesday I did 75 minutes of cardio. Because I felt like it.

So if all this lugging around iron and squatting on bouncy balls and sweating means a smaller, tighter Meg, but not necessarily a lighter Meg immediately, then that's ok. Because I'm sleeping like a ROCK - and it's been a long time since something has tired me out so much that I don't toss and turn all night long.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love this post. All of it.

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Woo hoo!!!!! 4 losses in a row is AMAZING!!!
Great work in the gym girl :)