Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday WI

What the snake? Wednesday AGAIN?

I'm sorry blog. I just have trouble balancing it all - work, life, love, washing the eternal mountain of dishes, gym, reading the book club selection, blogging. Something had to fall by the wayside this week, and apparently it was you.

I was up .2 lbs this week. Does anyone know if that's normal, to see a slow in weight loss or even a slight gain when you introduce weight training into your exercise routine? I mean, I've never really been hung up on being normal, but is it expected? I think so, but I'd love to hear if you've experienced something similar.

Or it could be the cookies I ate along with my feelings yesterday. Who knows ;)

This is what my life looks like right now:

5:55 - Gary's alarm goes off
6:30 - my alarm goes off for roughly 60 minutes in 5 minute intervals
7:30 - Gary leaves for work and I drag myself out of bed and drink coffee
8:30 - I arrive at work
4:30/5:00 - I leave work and go to the gym
7:00/7:30 - return home and commence dinner making
8:30ish - finish eating dinner, clean kitchen (sometimes), make lunch (sometimes)
9:00ish - watch Lost/shows about Vampires/assorted smut/HIMYM with Gary
10:45ish - go to bed

It's thrilling - but honestly, I can't really complain. I am at a point right now where I love working out.

I've always been a cardio queen, but since I've dipped my toe into the strength training pool, it's what I look forward to. I actually feel like I'm seeing some progress. I can lift more. Do deeper lunges. Etc.

Today I took my measurements, the first time in a few months. I do need to see results numerically, so this is going to help. Even if the scale doesn't budge, right?

(BUDGE DAMN SCALE, BUDGE I SAY)

5 comments:

MissHaneefa said...

I love weights. I have read that when you start lifting you will see a increase because you are gaining muscle mass. IO am sure that you are going to see many more changes in you body and you will start to get muscles in great places (arms, legs). I wish you all the best!

Deb said...

First off, it's actually not as easy to gain muscle weight as people say. A bodybuilder works their butt of to gain a single pound of muscle. We don't suddenly gain a bunch as soon as we start strength training.

Having said that, when you first start, your muscles tend to retain more water, so you may see a temporary gain/maintenance that you wouldn't otherwise expect. In my books, .2 is maintaining.

Congrats on getting into the weights. I used to love doing them and still think they're important. I've just let this triathlon thing take over, so I now struggle to find time for the strength training.

Carolyn said...

Meghan,

Just for fun, and only on weeks when you gain, go ahead and do the math: 0.2 divided by whatever you weigh right now is probably a 0% weight gain if you do a little rounding.

Go team!

Carolyn

Alice said...

Hehe. Your post made me laugh. Some days I want to scream Budge damn scale, budge I say at my scale too. :) But yes I always find that measuring myself makes me feel good when the stupid scale won't cooperate.

CJ said...

Eee... why are all your TV shows the same as the ones I used to watch with my ex? His name wasn't Gary but I suspect we've dated the same man. ;)