Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Missing...

In that period of time that I've been silent, I haven't quit. I'm still working out. We aim for 5 days a week, but 4 is probably more realistic. I'm still doing the strength training routine Stephanie showed me, but I've also added some other exercises. And I've increased the resistance or weight on almost every single exercise, too. I actually have a bicep...somewhere. I promise. It's under that wiggly bit on my upper arm. I can feel it.

I've also reduced my measurements everywhere, including my hips (VICTORY!) and thighs (SWEET VICTORY!) I've lost a pants size, and bought a pair of jeans in a non plus sized store that I've never been able to buy jeans in before - not even when I was in high school. That was a total triumph. Then I realized that they might even be a smidge too big, and had to buy a belt. I haven't worn a belt in almost a decade - why would I, when I had my rear end to hold my pants up?

But still, in that two weeks, the scale didn't budge.

This morning, in the name of accountability and realizing that two months have slipped past, I stepped on the scale and finally. The number is lower. I feel inspired again. I can do this.

I lost 2.8 lbs this morning. The last few weeks I've been down, then up, then up some more, and now I'm back down again - and at 207.4.

It's hard. I don't want to blog when all I'm feeling is frustration. I don't want to be a whiner. But at the same time, I want to be open and honest about this process. When I started WW and exercising back in May, I looked ahead at my future and figured that I'd be at goal - or at least close to it - come February or March. I was even on track there, for the first three months. And then, everything slowed to a grinding halt.

I've been losing and gaining the same damn three pounds since October.

And it's driving me nuts.

So that's it, guys. I've figured out the exercise thing. I'm seeing progress in other ways. But I'm still reaching for starchy sugary comfort foods at 2:30 when I realize I have nine more hours of work to do and two hours to do it in. I still neglect to track what I'm eating and assume that I'll still see results. I still think I can get away with eating this freaking delicious, creamy, fatty thai chicken soup twice a week for lunch and lose weight.

I can't.

In about 5 months, maybe less, I want to go shopping for my wedding gown. I want to be 10 lbs from my goal at that point. 10 pounds will make a difference in how I look, for sure, but isn't so much that I'll need to alter that dress down an insane amout.

That means I have just over 25 lbs to lose to get there. That's a lot, considering I can't seem to lose .5 pound a week consistently. But 5 lbs a month - when you write it down, doesn't seem unrealistic.

I know the key is the food I eat. I guess it's time for some re-education on the diet front...

1 comment:

kelsey said...

Way to go Meg! I was wondering how you were doing. I read your blog all the time and don't comment, but I'm so happy that you are still doing so well! You should be very proud of all of your accomplishments.