Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rest Day

I am very proud of the fact that I went to the gym six days in a row last week. But today, my gym is closed, and I'm having a full-blown day of rest.

I got up this morning and met a girlfriend for coffee, started a new kniting project, and then the very best part - a long nap.

I entertained the idea of baking something sweet this afternoon, but the nap won over the cravings.

I firmly believe that burnout is one of the most damaging things you can do to yourself, and I have definitely started to burn out on all fronts. I needed a day to chill out at home - how did you spend your Sunday?

I'm wrapping up the day with a BBQ, some TV on DVD and heading to bed as early as I can manage.

Breakfast: Smoothie made with a handful of spinach, a banana, a cup of frozen berries, 1 scoop protein powder, and a half cup of milk

Snack: Latte

Lunch: 6 inch turkey breast and ham sub from Subway

Snack: Reese's peanut butter cup, 1 (sooooo good)

Dinner: 1 chicken breast, oven baked sweet potato fries, mushrooms, steamed broccoli

No comments: