Monday, March 7, 2011

The Soup: Planning Ahead

The coffee shop across the street from my office has the most incredible, delicious soup I've ever tasted. It's a spicy, creamy thai chicken bowl of goodness - and there is no way it's good for you. It's warm, and hearty, and freaking awesome - but it's got to be loaded with cream, butter and coconut milk.
 
I could eat it every day. In fact, some weeks, I have. But I'm trying really hard to balance out my Saturday splurge, so no soup for me.
 
The only kink in this plan is my standing (until our new manager starts) Monday lunch meeting with our VP, at that coffee shop. It's a great place to work, so we often meet there. The sandwiches don't do much for me and the menu is pretty short, so I'm left with the soup.
 
I'm not one to turn down a free lunch, but today I'm going to do it. I've got some veggies and hummus, greek yogurt, almonds, and an orange to last me through the afternoon. I'll order some tea and resist the soup.
 
I can resist the soup. I will resist the soup. I am stronger than the soup.
 
 

4 comments:

Alice said...

Did you resist the soup??

Meg said...

I resisted the soup!!

RescuingLisa said...

lol... No Soup for you!

RescuingLisa said...

lol... No Soup for you!