Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trying to Remember

Today I have my meals planned and packed, with the exception of dinner.
 
Breakfast: oatmeal, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup blueberries, non-fat latte
Snack: orange
Lunch: 1 cup stirfry leftovers (chicken and veggies); 1 cup brown rice
Snack: fat-free yogurt, 10 almonds
 
Dinner is, at this point, a looming unknown. We're going to the gym right after work, but then I have to go back to work for an event, so I'll probably pick up some sushi or subway or something in the food court on my way back to the office.
 
I'm trying to remember what it's like to be a 'good dieter' - to harness the power of that feeling of denying a craving. Yesterday I was really hungry in the afternoon, but I didn't want to eat anything until dinner. So I had a giant glass of water. I was still hungry - and probably should have eaten something small, like some fruit, but the feeling I got by stomping on that hunger was a good reminder. I ate a reasonable dinner and went to bed without caving in to the temptation to go get an ice cream treat from the store downstairs.
 
Felt good.

1 comment:

Chicky said...

wow, Meg, congrats on the non-scale victories.

I have to say, you just verbalized everything I feel about where I have been the last (oh god!) 19 months. Getting your food under control is frustrating and hard! At least for me. I just figure that if I don't give up, I can slowly take control....

Here's to sticking it out for the long term change:)