Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday WI

I was up 1.2 lbs this morning. Which is a little disappointing, but I can't say it was a surprise or undeserved. I definitely ate my way up the scale.
 
But again, trying to focus on positive things so I don't get bogged down and quit - I put on a Spring/Summer dress this morning in an attempt to woo the warmer weather, and the cute dress that I was bursting the seams and buttons on last summer is a bit too big. Needs a belt. Very pleased about that :)
 
I also looked at my weight tracker again, but from a different perspective. I always compare my weight to my starting weight - and we know I've been hovering around the 207 mark for months. And months. And months. Well, since Christmas, I'm down 6 lbs. I'm still hovering, but I've lost the weight I gained in that blissful holiday post-engagement season.
 
I've also been thinking lately that the Weight Watchers thing might not be working for me anymore. Or, rather, I'm not working for the program. I do believe it's a great plan, but even on weeks when I give it my all, since the Points Plus plan launched I haven't seen results that make me happy. Focusing on exercising has helped, because I see a difference in my shape. But maybe it's time to take a break from the ol' WW and try something different. Something maybe more challenging. I've always liked that on WW, if I want a cookie, I can have as many as I have points for - but maybe the point is to restrict myself for awhile and see how it goes.
 
Any thoughts?

7 comments:

RescuingLisa said...

Hey Meg - I am thinking that WW isn't working for me either anymore. I have been hovering at the same weight now for about 6 months! I am looking at options as well...

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

Hi Meg!

I totally agree about the new WW plan. Totally doesn't work for me. But since I know I need the meetings I'm just using my old Momentum materials and paper tracking and weighing in at the WW meeting. Super frustrating!

I think you have to do what works for you and what you can maintain for the long term. I get wanting to restrict to see results but I just think if you're not going to do it for good than why do it at all?

Great job with the exercise!

Anonymous said...

http://caloriecount.about.com/

bre said...

I definitely agree with Amanda - Kevin & I did switch it up (as you know) but it's a lifestyle change. And in our case it's a big one. For me, not only was I not seeing the changes through WW but I wasn't even feeling any different - on our new 'diet' I have significantly more energy, I generally feel healthier. I've only lost 5 lbs (Kevin's lost 16 or something?) but I've noticed a huge difference in my clothes - and I think that's enough for me! Let me know if you want details on our stuff. :)

Megs said...

I have heard a lot of ppl not lovin' the new plan. I haven't tried it for very long (I was off the wagon when it launched). So far I am doing all right. But this might be because I am already at the lowest point total...maybe it something to do with that? I am a little worried...if I don't go down in points, how am I supposed to lose?? Anyway...you'll find what works for you :)

Betsy said...

I feel the same way. I lost 25 lbs. on the old plan without much effort. Honestly it seemed like if I just took the time to track the pounds were melting off. Now ever since I've started the new plan, I'm stuck. I have been hovering right around 200 pounds for the past few months. It's really frustrating.
I just wanted to comment and let you know that I feel the same way you do and think I might be trying something new.

Deb said...

I'm a bit late commenting on this, but I can relate. WW has worked for me in the past. I lost 55 pounds and hit goal on it years ago. It got me started on this journey again.

But...

It isn't the perfect system. No system is. But, some are better or worse for different people and at different times.

I've had a lot of success with clean eating as well as calorie counting on sparkspeople.