Monday, May 30, 2011

A different breakfast

This morning I woke up a little bit early, hopped in the shower and made my breakfast and lunch for the day. It took me a bit longer than I hoped it would, but at least I'm also prepped for tomorrow's lunch.

I took out my measuring cups and spoons and a bunch of tupperware containers, and got to it. I'm thinking that a digital scale might be in my future - does anyone have one they'd recommend?

Breakfast today was something I've never had before - grapes on toast. I toasted two slices of whole wheat bread, spread 1 tbs of reduced fat cream cheese on each, and then topped each slice with 1/4 cup of halved grapes. Then I drizzled a little bit (1/2 tsp) of honey over each slice, and a tiny bit of herbs d'provence (because I didn't have any thyme handy). It was really tasty, and very filling - 3 hours later and I'm not feeling hungry yet. Usually by 10 am I'm starting to feel like a snack.

One downside - it was a bit hard to eat. This isn't a breakfast to eat standing up, or in transit!

This is what I'll be eating this week, if you're interested.

Over lunch, I'm off to spin class because I have a meeting tonight and can't work out at 5pm. Then it's home to make dinner - and hopefully relax a bit before it starts all over again tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rapunzel said...

I bought my digital scale from Amazon, brand name is EatSmart. I like it so much that I purchased one for each home, and one for my daughter. Reasonably priced, attractive on the countertop, and very accurate! :)

Allison said...

That breakfast sounds so delicious! I'll definitely have to give it a try. I also checked out your menu for the week and there are lots of great things I'd like to try! You have found such a great variety :)