Saturday, May 28, 2011

Preparation - check!

I sat down last week, and with the help of Self Magazine's recent meal plan in their Drop 10 Challenge, I plotted out an entire week of breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks. I then created a shopping list with every single item we'd need, and no more.

I'm not necessarily following the Self Challenge, but I did like their meal plan. I figured it was worth a shot - a bunch of things I've never tried before, some different breakfast and lunch ideas, and some flexibility. Plus, they're all free, and balanced meals, so check them out if you're short on ideas :)

Tomorrow we're going grocery shopping. I'll pack my lunch for the next day, measure out my breakfast and set it out for the morning, and find my old running shoes so I can hit the gym over lunch.

Here we go again!

3 comments:

alisonds said...

I am very envious of this post. I am rubbish at meal planning and even when I do, I usually end up not fancying what I have planned and have something else anyway! Good luck, stick to that plan! :)

Amanda@BustingThroughIt said...

So glad to see you posting again Meg :)
I'm definitely gonna check out that meal plan, I get in food ruts al the time!
Have a great weekend!

Snowflake said...

Way to go!! Jump back on that horse and get the wagon started!!!