Friday, June 10, 2011

Oooops

I've been trucking along nicely, eating my planned meals and snacks, focusing on veggies, lean protein, fruit and whole grains. I aim for between 1200-1500 calories a day, and I've been falling nicely in that range for two weeks. I've been drinking water. Lots and lots of water. I even passed up free wine and pizza AGAIN (third time in two weeks, friends!).

I've become a familiar face at the gym again. Things are good and I feel great. I am drunk on willpower, and it feels awesome.

Wednesday morning I took a peek at the scale and was shocked by the number I saw - the lowest I've seen on the scale in the last year and a half.

And then yesterday, things came a bit undone. Work stress plus forgetting my snack at home plus a small lunch resulted in a binge. I ate pretty much everything I could get my little hands on - and when the dust settled, I was 500 calories over my max daily allowance.

Whooops.

So I wrote it all down, went to the gym, did 60 minutes of cardio, and pledged to reign in the snacking that evening.

I don't know why I do things like that. I was impressed and proud of myself, and then "blew it" on snacks that weren't even that satisfying.

But here I am, back at it again, for another day. And I remembered to pack my snack this time.

2 comments:

Eve said...

The important thing is you didn't go totally over the top AND you exercised to burn probably the extra calories you consumed - that, my girl, is a VICTORY!! =)

Slimming Down for the Gown said...

I hate it when that happens. But you did so well by picking yourself up and going to the gym!