Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 14

The past few days have come and gone with relative ease. No big splurges planned this weekend, and I resisted the few that the little voice in my head tried to talk me into.

This is a really easy diet to follow. But it's a really hard diet. Does that make sense? It's simple. There are no weird juices to drink at specific times, with the exception of the hot lemon water in the morning. There are no bizarre restrictions like "no citrus on Day 3 and 11" and once you've figured out a few breakfast, lunch and dinner options that work for you, you can repeat them.

But at the same time, it's the same food. Over and over. If you thrive on variety, you can mix it up with different seasoning blends, or maybe even take some new veggies for a spin, you wild child, you. But basically, I eat eggs, mushrooms, peppers, lettuce, cucumber, carrots, chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, yogurt and fruit. There's only so much you can do with salsa, trust me. When I get to the point of trying to add it to my yogurt? Someone stop me.

17 Days is simultaneously a really short time commitment and an eternity. My craving for peanut butter toast? Still nagging away in the background.

I'm getting really sick of grilled chicken breast and salad. And baked fish and vegetables. But I really do like the way I feel - energetic, lighter, even "thinner" if that makes sense. I don't look any different, but I feel stronger. I think it's worth it.

I've got three days left, and then on Thursday it's on to Cycle 2. I'm down another 1.5 lbs, to make 8.5 lbs total. That's more than half-way to the goal I set for myself for September.

3 comments:

PlumPetals said...

Well done on making progress towards your goal! I can totally understand what you're saying about food -- sometimes I feel like I'd just rather not eat than prepare the same stock of healthy meals ... just got to keep in mind that it's tough now, but soon you'll get more flexibility in your diet and it won't be as trying.

Good luck!!

Bri said...

I love salsa with my breakfast, its so good with eggs!

Miss April said...

Hi, new follower here. This 17 day diet sounds interesting. Good luck with your goals!!

http://fatboykris.blogspot.com/