Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 4 & 5

Day 4 wasn't a walk in the park by any means. 17 days is staring to feel like a very, very long time.

My lunch was really disappointing, and I threw most of it out. I had a super stressful day at work, and I was craving toast with peanut butter like no tomorrow. Not fries, not chips, not candy or even a cookie - wheat toast.

I did cheat at my book club meeting, where I had about half an apple, a handful of edamame beans and 3 mini quiches.

The fact that I "cheated" by eating veggies and fruit is both hilarious and disturbing to me :)

Breakfast: smoothie with protein powder, berries, yogurt
Lunch: 1 can tuna on salad greens with cucumbers (too fishy)
Snack: Carrots, cherries
Dinner: Eggs with mushrooms, peppers, spinach and salsa

Today is easier.

I'm not at work today, so I'm hanging out at home, working on a writing project. I usually snack when I'm at home, grazing on little bites instead of eating proper meals, but today I actively did the opposite.

B: 1 apple (slept in), coffee
L: Large salad with half a red pepper, tomatoes, turkey breast and salsa
Snack: Cherries, yogurt, carrots
Dinner: "Key West" chicken - recipe to come if it's any good - and salad.
Snack: yogurt

Tomorrow I'm attending a wedding and have decided to let myself eat whatever is served at dinner - within reason. I'll do my best to make good choices.

I'll also have a glass of wine, or two.

It might be cheating, but one meal out of 17 days is not going to kill me - and if it does, then I guess I'll just be following it for longer.

No comments: