Sunday, July 10, 2011

Something different

The menu is planned and posted on the fridge, the groceries have been bought and put away in a way that makes them easily accessible (I hope), and I`m ready for the week ahead.

Bagged salads were starting to get a bit expensive, and fresh produce is in season and cheap, so I bought a salad spinner and prepped a week`s worth of lettuce. It took about 10 minutes to wash, dry, and pack two heads of romaine, which came to $1.89. Worth the time, I think!



I`m trying something a little different this week. I read this book after reading about it on a few blogs. It`s basically a clean, low-carb (not no-carb), high protein diet. I can do anything for 17 days, right?

I'm going to try to post a daily recap of what I've eaten and how I've felt. The diet doesn't encourage intense exercise in the first 'cycle' but I'm not going to give up going to the gym.

Here goes...

5 comments:

Miss Felicity said...

Thats a great idea; to make up a menu and post it on the fridge, that way you will have more incentive to make the right choice! I like it, thanks :)

Meg said...

Thanks Felicity! It works for us - we make the meal plan on Sundays, and then it saves me from having to remember what I'm supposed to take out of the freezer. Because who hasn't forgotten to take dinner out and then said, 'screw it, I'm ordering pizza!'

Thomas S. Moore said...

Pre-planning is always great! Just like packing your meals for lunch. Not only does it save you on calories but also money (ordering pizzas screw up both.

I heard of that book before but never tried it myself or knew anyone who had. Looking forward to hearing how things go for you.

bre said...

Erm... the wedding meal may not be all that friendly to your clean, low-carb-ness... unless yorkshire puddings are part of that diet? :)

Meg said...

Hahahah! The meal at your wedding will be eaten regardless of what it is. I'm giving myself a pass for that night. :)